Saturday, June 26, 2010

Those in need in the Gulf

While I have had the idea for HEROES & INK for a while, it just seemed like the right time to start it after I saw a piece on the news about the emotional stress the oil spill is having on people in the Gulf! The one story that pierced my heart was the story about Charter Boat Captain Allen Kruse. He was so devastated by the spill that he could not take it anymore! I could not help but shake the feeling that it was time to start and reach out to those in the Gulf to let them know that I care! There are others that are struggling including Mayor Stan Wright of Bayou la Batre, Alabama and Fred Marshall who manages the Gulf Stream Marina in Grand Isle, Louisiana and so many more that I can't even begin to name everyone!

They all need our support to know that we care and they are not alone! I would ask all of you to please join with me and be a HERO and let them know that you care! It means so much! Friday, I spoke with Office Assistant Shannon Himes at the Mayor's Office in Bayou la Batre and she said that it means so much to get all of the cards and letters of support!

We need to stand up and let them know we care and fight for them and with them!

If you would like to send a sympathy card to the family of Captain Allen Kruse you can send it to:
Family of Captain Allen Kruse
c/o Mayor Tony Kennon
P.O. Box 458
Orange Beach, Alabama
36561

Thank You!
God Bless You!
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving me a way to show my concern and also be of some small comfort. I will send my card out first thing and let others know what small act they could do to easy a burden. Blesings for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I'm really going to like this blog a lot!
    Good for you for getting it started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just joined your blog. You are a light in the darkness.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete